Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UW so nervous!

tag
bgibs12
Established Member

UW so nervous!

Our file went to UW Thursday and they said we should have an answer early this week. I so hope it's tomorrow because I don't think my nerves can take much more! We're first time buyers, and we feel like everything is just to good to be true. Like the bottom is going to fall out somewhere. Do your nerves ever settle? Logically I know that we wouldn't have made it to UW if we didn't have a darn good chance, but gah!

I can't wait until I can sleep at night again Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Re: UW so nervous!

relax relate release

Message 2 of 10
gotideas
New Contributor

Understandable but get used to it--it takes forever sometimes and other times it is quick.  There can be conditions some harder than others.  Then when you clear underwriting there can still be waiting.  We made it through underwiting after 7 weeks only to find that our builder is now toodling along with the building process so instead of closing in August before the kids start school it's more like end of September early October.  By the time we close I will either be bald or gray not sure which!  Best of luck with your purchase. 

Message 3 of 10
stevieswife2011
Valued Member

Totally understand what you are going throug i have been in this process since April 26th and the waiting has been so unbearable.  THEN the conditions and the other poster is correct some are easy others are down right crazy but when its all over it wil be so worth it.  And i can only imagine how it will feel the first night that my family sleeps in this house that i fought for and endured this lengthy process for.  It will be great just try to think happy thoughs and stay busy i know its easier said than done.  I received my ctc yesterday and it was harder to sleep last night than any of the other nights but hopefully i will be done tomorrow at 3pm and it will all be behind me. and i hope you get your ctc soon 

Message 4 of 10
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I can second this as well. Filled out the loan paperwork June 6th, was told we could expect to hear something by 7-10 days. Found out they've just started the verification of employment today. Supposedly have a decission from the UW by end of the week now. I have no fingernails at this point and still have USDA to go through after the UW heh. 

Just have to hang on, try not to think about it or stress over it. Seems to be a lot of hurry up and wait in this process.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 5 of 10
keyelove
New Contributor

@swtneka wrote:

relax relate release

swtneka - I love this saying, it's such a reminder to just calm down LOL

Starting Score Early 2013: TU - 556 & EF - 552 & EXP - 591
Current Score 10/09/14 (MyFico): TU - 666 & EF - 665 & EXP- 711
Goal Score: 730 Across all 3 bureaus
Message 6 of 10
fabadvice
Established Member

It's normal to feel nervous, I hope you find out soon !!!

Message 7 of 10
bgibs12
Established Member

Thanks all! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I've been biting my nails, stress eating...lol...I can't take it much longer! I just want to get the keys!
Message 8 of 10
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Right there with you. Went into underwriting on June 3rd, LO said that we will know tomorrow. We are just hoping they accept her new job. LO says it won't be an issue, but I want to see that in writing! lol

Best of luck!!!

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 9 of 10

I know your pain.
We were pre-approved for a guaranteed USDA loan on May 29th.
Found a house on June 9th. Went back and forth with seller (seller is Wells Fargo - home is foreclosure) until June 12th.
Seller accepted counter offer on June 13th, we signed all of the papers to get the loan rolling on June 14th.

Our loan was submitted to the lenders UW on Monday, and we heard today that we cleared the lenders UW. Woohoo.
Now they are preparing our file to submit to USDA for their underwriting. Hopefully it will go tomorrow.
We are in Tennessee and they are currently running 30 days out for reviewing files. Then it will go back to our lenders UW one more time about 1 day after it gets USDA UW approval for the lenders UW final stamp...then we close. Wells Fargo wants us to close no later than July 29th, for every day we go over we will owe $50 each day to Wells Fargo. On top of that stress our lease is up on the 26th and school starts back Aug 5th.

I've made myself literally SICK over worrying about stuff I have no control over. My teeth hurt from clinching them. I'm getting constant headaches. I cannot think straight.

My LO rocks. I had everything I needed - 3 months bank statements / W2s for last 3 years / tax returns for last 3 years - and took all of that to her when we went for the pre-approval, which she says helped us move faster. As soon as we had a contract on the house we did the inspection, had the appraisal ordered and had a termite inspection all completed within a week.

The lenders UW didn't come back with any issues with our file. Smiley Very Happy

Now I just worry about USDA UW. If it isn't one thing to worry about its just something else.

Hang in there everyone!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.