Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh... This is lame..

tag
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Ugh... This is lame..

It's been an eventful cpl weeks.. Gone from home shopping to making an offer.. And what a slow process that is.. Paying for an inspection.. Only to find out that the house we picked may be too new.. Since it's not on Google maps.. We may be denied for our grant.. My trashed 4 wheeler is sitting at the dealership.. Been there over a week waiting for the insurance ppl to come look at it. And then finding out the s*&thead that took lives two blocks away and he's skating all charges..

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Ugh... This is lame..

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:
It's been an eventful cpl weeks.. Gone from home shopping to making an offer.. And what a slow process that is.. Paying for an inspection.. Only to find out that the house we picked may be too new.. Since it's not on Google maps.. We may be denied for our grant.. My trashed 4 wheeler is sitting at the dealership.. Been there over a week waiting for the insurance ppl to come look at it. And then finding out the s*&thead that took lives two blocks away and he's skating all charges..

How awful for you Smiley Sad Go after him in civil court - even if you end up with a judgment against him and he is uncollectable now. Judgements are good for 10 to 20 years (check your jurisdiction).

Sending you good vibes to have the strength to get through this time.

Message 2 of 11
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement startingover Smiley Happy  we are looking into the civil route.  It's been pretty uneasy around my place since this happened.. Trouble sleeping and always double checking everything is locked up now..  My 4 wheeler is still sitting at the dealership... They keep finding more stuff wrong with it..  Over 5 grand in damage to it..  The insurance  guy is leaning towards totalling it I think.. But on a better note..  We passed our er review!!  Appraisal is done..  Insurance is done.  Waiting on a septic test and title search to come back..  And then if I'm not mistaken off to underwriting..  We have a potential close date of of the 19th.. Feels like the end of a very stressful month and a half is almost over..  Can't wait to move to my very first house 

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 3 of 11
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

congrats ak!!!!

i hope everything works out on the 4-wheeler front!  it's good that the ins agent is considering totalling it.  with over 5k worth of damage, i don't know if i would still want it even if it was fixed.....just wouldn't ride right.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 4 of 11
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I have been thinking the same thing frugal.. It was in brand new condition when it was taken.. Less than 300 miles.. Oh well.. That's why we have insurance.. I did just talk to my loan officer.. And my file is getting sent off to underwriting today!! So close.. All my stuff is in order.. Insurance is done.. All my grant paperwork is done. Just gotta get past underwriting and set a close day..

Message 5 of 11
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

So I just talked to my loan officer.. Approved from underwriting!!!

Message 6 of 11
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 11
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Thanks frugal.. Geez it's been quite a journey.. Can't hardly wait to move lol.. And not have to move again for a while Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...wow ...3 hours for UW ...thats got to be some kind of record ...they usually take that long to make sure your name is spelled right ...congrats!

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 9 of 11
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I thought it was weird too.. she called this afternoon for some info.. said she had most of my stuff loaded up over the last few days . called back while later and said I was approved for automated under writing.. just needed to be signed off on.. and that's a good thing I guess.. cause if the auto denied me I'd have to go thru manual underwriting..  this is all foreign to me lol.. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.