Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh! Worried....New HARD credit inquiry

tag
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

Ugh! Worried....New HARD credit inquiry

I just got an alert from CreditKarma that I have a hard inquiry from May 15th.  I have no clue where it's from.  On CreditKarma it says Lender: CREDIT PLUS.  Industry: Miscellaneous, Not Elsewhere Classified

The only thing I did was transfer my Verizon # to Sprint on my mom's account and it asked for my SS# in order to do that.

My loan was sent to the USDA and my closing is the 28th.  Will this affect my file???  I'm a little worried now because I hope it does not affect me.  I am almost at the finish line.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Ugh! Worried....New HARD credit inquiry

I'm going to go ahead and guess the inquiry is from your final credit pull ahead of getting the clear to close. 

Message 2 of 9
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

My file was sent to USDA on May 15th.

Message 3 of 9
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

So the file was sent to USDA on May 15th...and you had a credit inquiry on May 15th...that's from "Lender: CREDIT PLUS"...

Hmm...could it all be related? Smiley Very Happy Haha just giving you a hard time, you're fine, don't stress about it.

Message 4 of 9
foofighter74
Established Contributor

@HomeBuyer13 wrote:

My file was sent to USDA on May 15th.

Yup, they pulled your credit.  This is a good thing, not a bad thing. Means someone's eyeballing your file and it's not sitting in mortgage limbo. 

Good news will be coming your way soon.

Message 5 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

yeah im pretty sure credit plus is a mortgage pull.

Message 6 of 9
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

Phew!  Thank god.  I was about to sweat more bullets. haha

Message 7 of 9
foofighter74
Established Contributor

You can prepare your happy dance.  lol

Message 8 of 9
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

just wondering, is this guaranteed, and in what state?  Our file just got sent the 17th and we're set to close on the 30th.  Kinda close to your timeline.  We haven't gotten any credit pulls yet, I'm hoping that's a good sign for you and something I can look forward to. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.