Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh Oh!

tag
Sheisaking
Contributor

Uh Oh!

I'm not sure what to do here.  At the end of last month, I decided to take a serious look at buying a home. Within the course of one week, I searched for, found and went under contract on a home. So far, everything has been great. I just ordered my appraisal yesterday. Here is my problem:

I have two baddies on my report. The lender was able to approve me despite them. I advised them that I had two new "shopping cart trick" cards that I had recently opened but were not yet on my credit report. He indicated that that was fine as long as they were adverse. We both thought it  would be at least two months before they started reporting anyway, so it should be fine. Well, last night, I received a notification that they are now reporting. I'm super nervous because I'm right in the middle of my purchase and my credit profile has changed. What do I do? I have not contacted the lender yet. Also, one of the cards reported with a balance, but that has since been paid of in full. That was the sportsman's guide visa. Any way for me to get that updated right away? Any kind of help would be great. Thanks in advance. 

Starting Score: 400s
Current Score: Equifax: 676, TransUnion: 710, Experian: 721
Goal Score: 750 or higher

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Uh Oh!

shopping cart trick.... you learn something new every day

anyway. you need to tell the lender. very likely the lender already knows since many monitor your credit

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Sheisaking
Contributor

Re: Uh Oh!

Update: I spoke to them and they advised that as long as I don't  increase my debt, I'm ok. My credit won't be pulled again until a few days before closing, so I'm ok :-)

Starting Score: 400s
Current Score: Equifax: 676, TransUnion: 710, Experian: 721
Goal Score: 750 or higher

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.