cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under contract but honestly is there any chance of approval? *UDPATE after inspection*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Under contract but honestly is there any chance of approval?

Termites were all treated today and we are getting a new roof next week, already went to Lowes and picked out the color shingles.  There was only $3000 worth of damage to the roof but the seller is paying for a new one anyway (with a 30 year warranty!!).  The bank and title company said everything is just about ready for closing tomorrow.  We were getting too much money back so the bank had to redo some numbers today which is all.  I am fine with that as it means a lower payment for me.

We called the utlity and cable company and will be moving in on Saturday.  It was unbelievably amazing to pull up to the house and finally see this sign:

Hi veggs2000,

Unfortunately I had to remove the picture you had up. The Forum's Terms of Service prohibit the posting of anyone's personal information including name and phone number, etc.and the sign contained both of these.

I hope you understand why this action was taken and I appreciate your contribution to the community.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 51 of 61
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yay!  I've been wondering what's going on.  Seeing you not around here is a good sign that you're busy with the house and moving!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 52 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boon, how are you enjoying your new home?

We closed this evening!  It still feels unreal but hopefully we'll be sleeping in our new home this Saturday night.  We moved a few things in but have all our furniture to move still.

Message 53 of 61
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Did you get the keys?

I'm LOVIN IT!

Message 54 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

Did you get the keys?

I'm LOVIN IT!

Well, key as in singular!!!  LOL  The seller is some sort of retired politician who invests in homes and the house was previously an assisted living home that he rented out and he only had one key.   We will have to have some locks changed eventually but honestly that is the least of my worries.

Actually I don't have many worries now except getting all my stuff into the house for good!  Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 61
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Wow!  That's great!  We had to pay TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS to get our house re-keyed.  They gave us 3 after that giant rip off.  Congrats again!

PS:  Moving sucks, but when it is  into your own new house it's not as bad.

Message 56 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Somehow our home inspector failed to notice that the downstairs toilet flushes directly into the crawl space (not just leaks but GUSHES)!  He keeps apologizing and is working to try and get a plumber out here ASAP but it has stunk since we moved in.  We all smelled it during the inspection but he blamed it on the hot water heaters.  

Message 57 of 61
Booner72
Senior Contributor

OMG - That truly sucks.  Is there poop in your crawl space?

We lived in a rental once and the toilet just flushed onto the ground under the house.  It was the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life.  We moved out and reported it to the health department.

GOOD LUCK!

Message 58 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

OMG - That truly sucks.  Is there poop in your crawl space?  Most likely, however we were told that some lime and bleach will take care of the issue after it is fixed as the crawl space is all dirt.

We lived in a rental once and the toilet just flushed onto the ground under the house.  It was the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life.  We moved out and reported it to the health department.

GOOD LUCK!

Message 59 of 61
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Makes  you wonder how long that has been for...

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.