cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under contract, but very worried (IRS / 4056-T form / Streamline agreement)

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Re: Under contract, but very worried (IRS / 4056-T form / Streamline agreement)

What did you have to say for these tax advocated to expedite the process, mine seemed worthless? I can't afford to wait up to 12 weeks I will be screwed and close on the 19th.

Message 21 of 32
Draco007
New Contributor

8-12 weeks does seem excessive.  Normally the turn around time for mail in returns is 4-6 weeks.  I called the toll free number for the Tax Advocates and spoke to a representative that took my information down and said a local rep would call within 3-5 days.  The local rep called the next day and I told him that I had already mailed in my return but needed to make sure the transcript would be available for a mortgage approval that was due to close on the 19th.  The rep asked me to send him an exact copy of what we sent and he would expedite for us so that we can have the transcripts before we are due to close.  He also asked me to include a letter explaining our situation and the escrow closing date.  The other return that we sent last month would just be considered a duplicate.  I just called him today to see if he said he just received them today.  We're crossing our fingers that  the transcript is available soon.

Message 22 of 32
rkb84
Contributor

Wow well you are in the exact same deal down to the day. I will call the toll free number and try to get someone else to help. Hopefully this works out for both of us since the 19th is coming soon and I really can't afford to have this fall through on me.

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, guys... same boat here, just I'm scheduled for the 14th, but putting in an extension for the 23rd. LO wants to close this year to keep rate locked (is this true?). Have everything else the UW has asked for... submitted 39 total pages of letters/canceled checks etc. Everything hinges on this really.

I called the advocate on Friday and they called me back this morning. Not quite next business day. They took it on, but said they would have my case manager call on Friday and I needed to be by the phone like I couldn't call them back. Today is Tuesday so I'm wondering what happens between now and Friday, if anything. She sounded encouraging and made me send her a faxed return so she could expadite it. What that means, we'll find out. I guess like you said this is basically them submitting the return separately and just trying to rush it through the process from start to finish. Whichever return goes through first kind of thing?

8-12 weeks or whatever is a number I havent heard from anyone... Have heard 5-7 weeks from IRS when I called to check on my payment, have heard 6 weeks from my accountant/lawyer and as soon as 4 weeks from my realtor's wife (accountant). Has anyone actually had success with this? vlaw?

We've came this far, it's gotta happen!

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

RKB -- I was a little dramatic on the phone. Told her I could be out of a house for my family with no place to live if this doesn't go through. I work in sales, she seemed concerned. Anyway, I guess they have to pick and choose their cases and you being distressed is a factor for them. At first it seemed like she was fishing for something to write down on a form for a reason they should take it on.

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

If any of you get your transcript through sooner, please post and let us know... I'm wa-wai-waitin!

Message 26 of 32
rkb84
Contributor

Well I called the Tax Advocacy again and got someone worth a damn to assign me a case. I won't get the call until tomorrow and they said they won't guarantee by the 19th to have it done. So I will have to get an extension for closing now, if they even will. The Loan officer did say to send him a cancelled check from the IRS payment and bank statement showing I paid it, I guess as another form of proof I filed? I sent that and haven't heard anything yet, maybe that will work I hope.

I just have a feeling I when closing day comes, I will have a voided contract and have lost my earnest money and they inspection costs for nothing..it sucks.

Message 27 of 32
Draco007
New Contributor

Hang in there.  I didn't get any guarantees either, but I didn't expect it.  I just asked them to try and it seems like things are progressing.  On Monday I checked the "where's my refund" link from the IRS website and it didn't show that my returns were received by the IRS yet.  On Tuesday I spoke with my assigned advocate and he said he was submitting the return duplicate I sent him that day.  Today, I just checked the IRS website again and it shows my return has been accepted by the IRS and is processing.  The website also gave a date of when I should receive my refund of January 15th.  The tax advocate told me this is the outside estimated date as refund and transcript can be available sooner.  I'm tending towards optimism here because when I mailed in my 2010 tax return, I received my refund in just under 30 days, and that was without a tax advocate.

Message 28 of 32
Draco007
New Contributor

Just got my tax refund direct deposited to my checking account this morning!  I am assuming that since the refund has been sent, the transcript should now available?  We're looking good to close on time (fingers crossed).

Message 29 of 32
rkb84
Contributor

I got a notice for the rest of the amount owed from the IRS Saturday, talked to the tax advocate today he said this should mean it is processed and they can get the transcript now. The loan officer said USDA can't give final approval until they get this, so he is reqesting another 4056-T right now. Suppose to close Wednesday, and don't know how long that request takes. Just hoping they can get it and I can get this nightmare over with! This whole process is just crap, there has to be some kind of way to streamline it and make it better, it feels like they wait until the absolute last minute to do things before closing.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.