Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under contract?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under contract?

When I put an offer in on my house, it stated that the closing date would be Sept 29. I have not signed anything since then extending the contract. (it has been rescheduled 2 times). Does that mean that "technically" right now, I am not under contract? This only worries me because the original owners of the house (30yrs ago) have recently contacted me and gave me a proposition to sell the house back to them as soon as I close on it with the current owners. They were willing to pay quite a bit more than I paid for it. I have no idea how they knew I was buying or for how much. I declined because I want the house. Now what if they "found" the current owners and offered the same thing to them? Technically they could with no recourse, correct? I would hope they would'nt do that 4 days before closing, but money talks these days. If this happened, would there be anything I could do about it? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Under contract?

Read over your contract and see what it says will happen if you don't close on time. Also ask your realtor. But its entirely possible that you are no longer under contract and they can sell it to someone else if you did'nt ask for an extention.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just says the contract is no longer binding after that date I believe.:smileysad:My realtor is just now thinking to get an extension, but they have not signed it yet. They verbally ...

I have no idea why that is blue up there? 

Message Edited by lexxpoke on 09-30-2009 03:26 PM
Message 3 of 5
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

If everybody agrees to the extension then all of the original terms would stay the same (as far as who pays for what) the only thing that would change will be the closing date.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if the sellers decide not to agree? Then who would pay the closing cost?  Everything is done right now and even if I dont get the house, this stuff still has to be paid for (survey, inspection, etc)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.