cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Mortgage Scores

tag
Jonesbro123

Understanding Mortgage Scores

Is it save to assume that if your Fico 8 improves your Mortgage Fico 5,4 and 2 will also?  Has anyone had any experience with this? Myfico.com only supplies alerts for Fico 8 not the others ,we have to puchase them continuously unfortunately.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Understanding Mortgage Scores

...its not safe to assume anything since we don't know what the differences really are in the fico models ...I've sometimes seen my 8s change and 4s stand still and vice-versa ...but only by a few points ...over the past year since I started watching the 4s as well as the 8s, both have generally trended in the same direction ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 5
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

my DH paid off his car...his 08 FICO's either did not change or went up.  His EX mortgage FICO tanked....TU and EQ mortgage FICO stayed the same.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 5
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

my DH paid off his car...his 08 FICO's either did not change or went up.  His EX mortgage FICO tanked....TU and EQ mortgage FICO stayed the same.

...I've said it before, I'll say it again ...I'm convinced my own Fico score changes are primarily determined by the direction I was facing when I last cut wind ...ymmv

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 4 of 5
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

ROFL...

Lemmus, I must agree with you!!!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.