Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriters.....oh boy ****UPDATE***CLEAR TO CLOSE! I think

tag
christian9144
Valued Member

Re: Underwriters.....oh boy

POP CHAMPAGNES & SMOKE CIGARS!  Smiley Very Happy Congrats! 

I know it's been a long journey with massive paper work but we're glad you've reached the mountain top!!!

What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum No Limit NFCU nRewards #1 $25K NFCU nRewards #2 $22K AMEX Costco $15K Wells Fargo Rebate $8K Black Card $7.5K Amazon $3.1K USAA Platinum MC $6K USAA AMEX $2K Capital One Platinum $7K

Starting Score (Oct 2009): EQ 586 TU 584
Current Score (Feb 2014): EQ 740 TU 782 EX 738
Goal Score(Jan 2015): 800 ACROSS THE BOARD!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 24

Violet..it's all legit...he can make extra $$ while collecting...and the UW apparently did not care cuz I got the CLEAR TO CLOSE, whoothoot.  And I am def having a drink after this ordeal Smiley Happy 

Message 22 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats....

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 23 of 24
foofighter74
Established Contributor

@violetsmom wrote:

Forgive me if I am reading this incorrectly, but are you saying that your husband is getting paid in cash to work for your uncle and at the same time claiming unemployment benefits?  If so, isn't that, like, illegal?  Just wondering if maybe an UW would see that as a red flag, or if they would not care?  Or maybe he is doing it totally legit and I read it wrong...

That's the first thing i picked up on as well. lol.  But as long as the cash is reported income, it's fine, because unemployment benefits would be reduced by the amount of cash he's earning.  If the income isn't being reported, it's fraud, and that's not something an underwriter would overlook. lol. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.