Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting Purgatory, AGAIN!

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Underwriting Purgatory, AGAIN!

With all my appraisal issues, while we wait for the seller to answer if he will do what lender #1 is requesting, I am working with another lender too see what they can do.  My file was sent to underwriting today, yet again, the torture of underwriting!  I was told at the latest we should know by Friday.

How are my other "In Waiting" peeps doing?  Things going as planned, waiting on stuff, don't know????

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Re: Underwriting Purgatory, AGAIN!

Hey Toolie!  Still waiting on my appraisal re-eval.  I have no clue where I stand otherwise.  I'm too scared to ask right now.  My realtor says the LO sounds like we're good to go & when I talked to the LO he said in their system "MY LOAN" relflects the correct down payment percentage now.  So, I'm "ass"uming things are fine unless he tells me otherwise!!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 2 of 14
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

@Holly1221 wrote:

Hey Toolie!  Still waiting on my appraisal re-eval.  I have no clue where I stand otherwise.  I'm too scared to ask right now.  My realtor says the LO sounds like we're good to go & when I talked to the LO he said in their system "MY LOAN" relflects the correct down payment percentage now.  So, I'm "ass"uming things are fine unless he tells me otherwise!!

LOL!! I feel like I have been "ass"uming a lot during this process too!!!

Wednesday is your magic day right???

Message 3 of 14
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

I still no clear closing date for me but I got some good news tonight.  The non-profit building my house is "gifting" me a fence and 4 new trees.  It might seem small but I wanted a fence really badly and was thinking of ways to save up for one so receiving one for free is great news...even better news is if I close in time for Christmas.

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 4 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I have all of the docs submitted to UW. The biggest one was a "satisfaction of lien" for a tax lien I just paid off in full in Oct. I paid it off and they sent me a statement showing a 0 balance. I submitted that to UW and they came back with a request for the "Satifaction/release of lien". I sent the additional $20 to the state to get this but the wheels of government turn slowly. So today I called the governors office of general council at the capitol and spoke to a woman who was very nice and sympathetic to my situation. Long story short, she emailed me the satisfaction within 45 min of calling her after she went all over the building to find the payment that I sent in and verify that it was a legit USPS money order. That should be the last condition I need.

Everything is infront of the underwriter as of right now. Just hoping he/she is happy with everything and will approve everything and get it sent to the USDA for approval, then get it closed before the end of the year.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were in underwriting hell right now, we thought we'd get an answer yesterday, but heard nothing, closing is suppose to be Friday, but I don't think that's possible, let's all pray to the underwriting gods that they APPROVE all of us!!!!!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what's going on with mine, I finally broke down and called my lender today because I've heard nothing since my appraisal came back last week, and was told I have plenty of time left so they are working on people who are closing sooner. Understandable, but being told I have "plenty of time" when I'm supposed to get my keys in two weeks makes me nervous!

Message 7 of 14
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure what's going on with mine, I finally broke down and called my lender today because I've heard nothing since my appraisal came back last week, and was told I have plenty of time left so they are working on people who are closing sooner. Understandable, but being told I have "plenty of time" when I'm supposed to get my keys in two weeks makes me nervous!

That would irk me!  What is plenty of time?  Could be one thing for the mortgage company, could be another thing for you!!! 

I haven't heard anything.  File was submitted to underwriting complete with the appraisal on Tuesday...was hoping for an answer yesterday and am hoping even more for something, just a tiny morsel, today. 

I have never even been given a closing date so I guess for me I haven't felt like there is a deadline.  Of course, we put in the PA the seller could have 14 days to give us possession!  I kick myself everyday for that!!!! 

Message 8 of 14
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

New update.  The mortgage company who had a problem with the farmland on the property, has found out the seller is willing to split off the 5 acres of farmland so that isn't an issue with FHA.  THe mortgage company has paid an appraisal update fee so the appraiser will redo the comps with the house and 5 acres rather than the house and 10 acres.  But the appraiser knows we need it to value out about the same.  So she is looking for comps that will not change the value.  I didn't think the appraiser and the LO could have contact like that.

If the appraiser can value the house at the same, we just need a new legal description and we are good to close!  WOW!  This all happened on Monday and I am just finding out about it now.

No news from the second mortgage company as of late....I did email for an update however. 

If we can get  closing date soon, I am going to request we amend the PA for the seller to have less time to hand over possession.  We gave 14 days upon advise from our realtor but he doesn't live there and has already been moving things out.  I am hoping for a miracle to be in this house by Christmas!

Message 9 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

My file is updating as I type... I can view the current status of my loan on a website. Everytime the UW makes a change, accepts and clears, begins reveiwing, or requests more info, the web the web site up dates. I decided to go spend some time at the local smoke shop and have a cigar and check up on things. Literally, I have been refreshing the page watching things being marked "Cleared" as the UW is going through my file.... I never thought a mortgage could be this exciting!!!  at 1:47 PM today, the Appraisal was accepted and "cleared" now they are knocking out the bank statements, LOE's and other documents they have.

I'm getting antsy and cant wait to get this done... Especiall considering I just put a fridge on my moms lowes card in anticipation of the closing. Allow me to explain, the fridge was a special order that came in with a small dent on the rear corner. it was refused but the store was stuck with it, so they marked it down from $2700 to $1400 to move it quickly. They said they couldnt hold it, but I could buy it. My seller is providing me $2500 in Lowes gift cards to replace the current fridge and dishwasher. So I will return the fridge (which isnt going to leave the store until I close) then immediately rebuy it with gift cards right after closing. My GF is happy as its teh fridge of her dreams and its her B-day. lol.

Good luck everyone! I hope every ones files make through and get closed quickly!!!

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.