Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting......UGH!!

tag
alwayshopeful
Established Member

Underwriting......UGH!!

So loan officer emailed me last night and said that our file was next with the underwriter this morning after sitting in the pile for 7 days.  It's now noon and haven't heard anything!!!  I'm having an ulcer while I'm typing this.  Does it normally take this long?  I'm doing a 30yr conventional loan and everything has been good so far. Loan officer use to be an underwriter for 8 years so she was on top of everything that needed to be put together but I'm still having high anxiety due to this being my first home.  Closing date set for March 28th. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Underwriting......UGH!!

You are fine.

Just go about your normal day they will let you know.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 17
xazilizax
New Contributor

My file is being sent to Underwriting today and my LO said it will take about a week to hear back anything.  During this week, I am going to be as patient as I can and hope for some good news.  My closing is set for April 30th.

You can ask your LO for a status or just wait another day and then check with your LO.

Message 3 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

im in final underwriting right now and im going crazy lol

Message 4 of 17
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

im in final underwriting right now and im going crazy lol

I thought you were all cool, calm, and collecte? Smiley Very Happy So what's the latest? Are they saying it should be out of UW any day or what's going on?

Message 5 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

yeah I was cool, but now I just want to hear the words clear to close.

No reason it shouldn't happen but just want it to happen asap lol

Message 6 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I could be out today or tomorrow.

Message 7 of 17
foofighter74
Established Contributor

We will probably be headed there ourselves by this time next week.  Fun.  Though as bad as it might be, it won't be any worse than sitting around for 2 1/2 months waiting to officially apply with our preferred lender.

Message 8 of 17
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

I can't concentrate on anything but this today.  Got an email this morning that they are just waiting for the underwriter to sign off on the clear to close! I keep trying to work but only find myself right back to this forum. 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 9 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I feel the same, omg

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.