Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting Wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Underwriting Wells Fargo

We are having our file reviewed with Wells Fargo for a VA loan. We were asked to provide explanation for previous inquires on our report... Which were all mortgage pulls. Is this standard underwriting ? Anyone experience this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
r1lukasz
New Contributor

Re: Underwriting Wells Fargo

they ask me too and its for fha , I have 3 before they pull credit at WF

Message 2 of 5
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

We went with Veterans United and they never questioned one inquiry.  And I have 13 inqs this year.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 3 of 5
ceejx
Established Contributor

Letters of explanation for inquiries is pretty common.. probably within their rules to ask for LOE for every inquiry within 12 months regardless of what they think it's for. I'll find out tomorrow if I have the same condition as I have quite a few.

Message 4 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
We are having our file reviewed with Wells Fargo for a VA loan. We were asked to provide explanation for previous inquires on our report... Which were all mortgage pulls. Is this standard underwriting ? Anyone experience this?

This is perfectly normal.   I was writing Letters explaining the company's own pulls!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.