Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting and bank statements

tag
kleahc
New Contributor

Underwriting and bank statements

I was assured by my LO that their underwriter would need 60 days/two months of bank statements. I have seen a couple of posts on this board where during the underwriting process they have been asked for more than originally provided. How often does that happen, and why?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Underwriting and bank statements

In my case it is or wll be the timeline.  

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 9
kleahc
New Contributor

Ah. So, my LO said "the most recent 60 days" so, most recent by the date we close?

Message 3 of 9
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

most recent now and then you may have to add more depending on when you close.  I think some may ask for more history as well, dependent on the underwritter.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 9
cebams

What else other than deposits are they looking at?
Message 5 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@cebams wrote:
What else other than deposits are they looking at?

Checking NSF's and OD's etc

Message 6 of 9
jcrsmom
Contributor

This is my worst part of doing a mortgage.  I am not doing anything illegal or anything but it makes me nervous having someone look at something so personal.  

Current EX Score: 760

Message 7 of 9
bradb
Established Member

I had to provide 3 months up front and since my closing date is so far out from the time I applied (Applied on 3/31, closing 6/16) I have to provide new statements every month.

Message 8 of 9
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@bradb wrote:

I had to provide 3 months up front and since my closing date is so far out from the time I applied (Applied on 3/31, closing 6/16) I have to provide new statements every month.

+1.  Bank statements expire after 30 days, so every 30 days (i.e. when a new statement comes out) the new one needs to be provided.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.