Did you mean: 

Underwriting issue

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Underwriting issue

Filed chapter 13 August 2008

Dischared August 2013

We didn't miss any payments and the trustee actually sent us a check for over $1000 that we overpaid.

So I spoke with our Lender today, and was advised that some of the creditors included in the chapter 13 had been reporting missed payments till the discharge date. We should not have any missed payments after we filed back in August 2008. They are looking to see what they can do within the guidlines to make the loan work. I was advised not to dispute the late payments because that would cause more problems. Would getting a lawyer involed help? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Underwriting issue

I'd let the lender figure out if they can make it work or not.  Worst case is you may have to get a letter from each of the creditors who are reporting the late payments during the Ch 13 BK stating the payments were made through the BK.  What we usually try to do first is get a credit supplement from our credit vendor, which is them confirming directly with the creditor what the payment history is. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Underwriting issue

Thank you Shane. It's driving us crazy waiting to see what happens next.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.