Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting!!

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Underwriting!!

The waiting until the last minute thing kills me. It literally seems like they have 30 days for the whole process, but they don't start working on it until about day 25. I don't get it, it must be of one those "that's how it's done". 

I can't stand when they tell you a deadline and then don't stick to it. I'm ok waiting a reasonable time if you say "It'll take 7-10 days", then I can expect it and I'm not stressed, but when the 10th day comes around, there better be something to report.

Message 11 of 19
Rwp2906
Established Member

Still in underwriting....
Message 12 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

It takes a few days. Most of the work is done by the loan processor. When it gets to the actual underwriter it moves quick.

We made it thru underwriting in just a couple days.

Message 13 of 19
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Rwp2906 wrote:
Wow, I thought we were in the home stretch. Appraisal came back better than expected, LO told us our documentation was great (i keep everything). He said it should move quickly....i guess quickly can mean anything. Happy to be at this point, can't believe we built our credit back up to qualify. These boards are amazing

Be careful so you don't get your hopes up and then shot down Smiley Happy I was told I would move quickly and was suppose to close 2 weeks ago, and one little thing after anothet set it back, I finally closed today... but 

Message 14 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@seigex wrote:

@Rwp2906 wrote:
Wow, I thought we were in the home stretch. Appraisal came back better than expected, LO told us our documentation was great (i keep everything). He said it should move quickly....i guess quickly can mean anything. Happy to be at this point, can't believe we built our credit back up to qualify. These boards are amazing

Be careful so you don't get your hopes up and then shot down Smiley Happy I was told I would move quickly and was suppose to close 2 weeks ago, and one little thing after anothet set it back, I finally closed today... but 

Congrats on the closing!

What kind of things did you run into that kept delaying it? If you wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us so we know what could be waiting. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:

@seigex wrote:

@Rwp2906 wrote:

Congrats on the closing!

What kind of things did you run into that kept delaying it? If you wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us so we know what could be waiting. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

The longest delay was the underwriters, loan officer and escrow all assumed the termite had been signed off, when it actually wasn't, and a repair needed to be completed to finish the termite inspection. That was about a week delay.

Then they thought a paper was signed that wasn't, and they got it uploaded 3 minutes too late to fund and record on Friday, then on Monday the network went down at the escrow office so they couldn't complete the HUD-1, and finally today everything was completed Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
Rwp2906
Established Member

Closing 12/28!!!!!
Message 17 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yes!!

Message 18 of 19
ceejx
Established Contributor

awesome! It'll be a good feeling ot be done with that part, but then the stress of moving starts.. congrats and good luck with your new home!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.