Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Underwriting

Okay so I was sent to underwriting on 7/18. On 07/21 I got a letter saying my loan application was incomplete, stating it was missing 3 items (2 of which were sent with my original application. I was missing a copy of my license and social security card, the signed purchase contract, and home insurance declaration page. I sent the first two items in right away. I was told by my LO that I would need to worry about the home owners insurance until right before closing. 

Closing is scheduled for 08/12. My first question is, is it a good sign they are looking for Home Owner's insurance proof? Also, I haven't heard anything further from my LO about status of underwriting. Also waiting for the appraisal to come back, should be tomorrow. So can I breathe a bit of a sigh of relief since the underwriter is looking for insurance declaration??

Please any info would be great.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

Re: Underwriting

Varies by lender. Mine wanted it before they Even sent it to initial underwriting. My appraisal should be back tomorrow also and then back to hopefully final underwriting...,, 

Message 2 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Usually you get a homeowners insurance quote soon after your offer is accepted, that way everyone will know about how much the premium will end up being so they can calculate your monthly payment & debt to income ratio appropriately.  It's not required to be in the file at submission, but it helps greatly and will potentially avoid an issue later.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 4
tbroug01
Established Member

Did you get the house?

hr>Starting Score: 508
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.