Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreimbursed employee expenses

tag
1sttime
New Visitor

Unreimbursed employee expenses

Hi, I'm new here! I'm trying to apply for my first mortgage however this unreimbursed employee expense on my taxes is killing me. I'm not understanding how it affects my income when it really didn't! Is there any way around this?! Help me,..
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unreimbursed employee expenses

Hi,

Unreimbursed employee expenses are deducted directly from your income.

For example if you make 100K and you claim 30K of unreimbursed expense then your income for your debt to income ratio would be 70K and not 100K, 

Unfortunately I do not think there is any way around this deduction from your  income.  From a lenders perspective these expense will impede your ability to re-pay their loan. 

GLTY

Message 2 of 4
1sttime
New Visitor

*sighs* thanks. I just still have to wrap my head around it. Would it help if I explained to the lender I no longer will have to use that deduction or just show it in my taxes?
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@1sttime wrote:
*sighs* thanks. I just still have to wrap my head around it. Would it help if I explained to the lender I no longer will have to use that deduction or just show it in my taxes?

No. The lender is not going to work with future deductions not taken. The lender works with your tax returns as filed. Amending the tax returns won't help either.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.