Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreported mortgage in good standing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unreported mortgage in good standing

I have been paying a mortgage for 15 years and as of September I owe approximately $1100.00. The former owner carried the contract and I have been making my payments to a title company. I think it would help my credit score if they were reported to the 3 major credit bureaus. Is it possible to get this positive activity showing the payments made on time along with the length of credit added to my reports?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Unreported mortgage in good standing

If the title compnay nor the mortgagor has reported in the 15 years that you have been making payments, I don't see wht either would do so not. Did your try asking either?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't. But I think I will approach both about it. Do you know if individuals (the previous home owner) can report to the credit bureaus?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i believe they can as long as they can substantiate the debt belongs to them. I'm sure there are some FCRA rules that apply so that not just anyone can report credit on you lol. Research how to do this and offer this to the owner. He/she may not even know how.
Message 4 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

A previous homeowner/lender is running a commercial business. As such, he/she can set up an account with one or more of the credit bureaus and report rental payment, etc just like any other lender.

My assumption is that the deed and mortgage are both in your name correct? Is the mortgage and associated lien recorded in public records?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll check into that. Thanks Kudo
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about the deed but the mortgage is and I pay property tax on it and so that would be a public record in my opinion.
I do get what you're saying about it being a business. :-) Thanks again for your help.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.