Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update/Edit: Found a Mortgage Broker!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update/Edit: Found a Mortgage Broker!!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a broker, banker, favorite LO in central Florida?  My CU will only do 4+ years out of BK so they are a no go.  They are referring me to someone else they work with for circumstances like mine, so I have no idea if that will even work out.

I need someone patient with first time buyers, is great dealing with those that have a recent (2 years) bankruptcy on the reports, FHA knowledgable, super patient and totally won't freak out on me about my boatload of recent inquiries.

My mortgage middle score as of 10/24 was a 681 - I have never defaulted on a mortgage, my credit report shows one mortgage opened in 2006 with perfect on-time payments and paid off in 2013.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have!!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Broker Recommendations - FL

Send a private message to StartingOver10. She's an amazing realtor in Florida and I'm sure she'd be happy to help out.

Message 2 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

If you want an FHA mortgage you only need two years post bankruptcy.    Your credit union is being overly conservative.  Virtually any lender who originates FHA/VA loans should approve you if you otherwise qualify.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

If you want an FHA mortgage you only need two years post bankruptcy.    Your credit union is being overly conservative.  Virtually any lender who originates FHA/VA loans should approve you if you otherwise qualify.

Good luck!

That's what I thought.  I have talked with 2 brokers that were recommended to me today and they both are awesome.  Neither one has an issue with what I told them and they work with my realtor so they are going to let him know that I'm good to work with and that there is nothing (unless I lied) that should prevent me from getting approved by one of their lenders.  I'm feeling so relieved and happy right now - it stinks to have to keep admitting a ch7 to people who do nothing but sigh at you and say nope!

And a HUGE thanks to the myfico community - both brokers commended my rebuild and high level knowledge of what the process could look like - I couldn't have gotten this far without all the posts and advice from here!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.