Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎01-04-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - APPROVED!


YHWHUDAH wrote:

Congrats, I closed on my VA loan last year in Dec with USAA. Did you try them? You should be ok for Monday!


Actually, I think he already closed.  Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing your scores from USAA?

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 508
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - APPROVED!


jnkp2001 wrote:

YHWHUDAH wrote:

Congrats, I closed on my VA loan last year in Dec with USAA. Did you try them? You should be ok for Monday!


Actually, I think he already closed.  Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing your scores from USAA?


I haven't closed yet, there's a termite report issue so I'm waiting for that to be cleared up so I can close Smiley Sad Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.... I didn't go through USAA, but an agency called W.J. Bradley .. 

FICO 08 EX: 802 EQ: 780 TU: 804

Total Credit Lines: $133,700
Established Contributor
Posts: 508
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

[ Edited ]

seigex wrote:

jnkp2001 wrote:

YHWHUDAH wrote:

Congrats, I closed on my VA loan last year in Dec with USAA. Did you try them? You should be ok for Monday!


Actually, I think he already closed.  Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing your scores from USAA?


I haven't closed yet, there's a termite report issue so I'm waiting for that to be cleared up so I can close Smiley Sad Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.... I didn't go through USAA, but an agency called W.J. Bradley .. 


OK, so, even though I was suppose to close yesterday or today, the seller is attempting to renege on his promises to fix any termite inspection issues, and is keeping me from getting my clear termite, which I THOUGHT I ALREADY HAD. It's silly, there's a TINY section of the house where the Termite inspector couldn't check out because the dirt wasn't 12" from the floor joists, so he refused to inspect it. This is the ONLY issue, and he still refuses to take care of it. The seller, in the counter offer, promised to fix any termite issues that arise, but now is saying he won't and will just find another buyer. This whole situation is mind boggling, and if I lose this house I'm going to be angry.

FICO 08 EX: 802 EQ: 780 TU: 804

Total Credit Lines: $133,700
Regular Contributor
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎10-03-2011
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - APPROVED!

Sure. As of today, I have not check my scores. However, when I got everything last scores Dec 2011 my scores were EQ 658 EX 652 TU 678. I plan to update my scores after tax time, my big credit limits are pretty max out, and I have to pay them down.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Regular Contributor
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎10-03-2011
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

Sorry for the bad news; however, the termite report is cruical. I am sure he will come around, because it's not easy to sell a house in this climate.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Established Contributor
Posts: 508
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

[ Edited ]

Another delay, after finally getting the Termite inspection completed yesterday and sent to underwriting today, apparently my Loan Officer is now arguing with the bank over whether or not they will pay the tax lein on the property that exist since the bank took over the foreclosure. From what it sounds like, they are refusing to pay and want me to pay. I'm suppose to be out of my current house Saturday and now it looks like I will be extending my stay here and may be missing my Christmas vacation. Keep in mind the underwriters were ready to close and fund last week, until these issues came up! I will never purchase a freddie mac foreclosure again...

FICO 08 EX: 802 EQ: 780 TU: 804

Total Credit Lines: $133,700
Regular Contributor
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!


seigex wrote:

Another delay, after finally getting the Termite inspection completed yesterday and sent to underwriting today, apparently my Loan Officer is now arguing with the bank over whether or not they will pay the tax lein on the property that exist since the bank took over the foreclosure. From what it sounds like, they are refusing to pay and want me to pay. I'm suppose to be out of my current house Saturday and now it looks like I will be extending my stay here and may be missing my Christmas vacation. Keep in mind the underwriters were ready to close and fund last week, until these issues came up! I will never purchase a freddie mac foreclosure again...


Good luck, I hope it pays off and you get the house! From all I've read purchasing foreclosures can be a pain. It sounded like it was all going so smooth too. Here's hoping the troubles pass soon and you get in there.


Starting Score (2015): EX: 748; EQ 737; TU 761
2014 Current Score: Discover FICO08 803 (1/15); EQ BE FICO 817 (1/15); PenFed FICO NextGen 799 (12/14)
Goal Score: All 775+ Available Credit: $100K+ Utilization: 10%
Gardening Since: Sept 2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 508
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!


DesertLife wrote:

seigex wrote:

Another delay, after finally getting the Termite inspection completed yesterday and sent to underwriting today, apparently my Loan Officer is now arguing with the bank over whether or not they will pay the tax lein on the property that exist since the bank took over the foreclosure. From what it sounds like, they are refusing to pay and want me to pay. I'm suppose to be out of my current house Saturday and now it looks like I will be extending my stay here and may be missing my Christmas vacation. Keep in mind the underwriters were ready to close and fund last week, until these issues came up! I will never purchase a freddie mac foreclosure again...


Good luck, I hope it pays off and you get the house! From all I've read purchasing foreclosures can be a pain. It sounded like it was all going so smooth too. Here's hoping the troubles pass soon and you get in there.


Thanks! It's been a pain, but my Realtor is trying to convince me that I'm still early since I made the offer 6 weeks ago Smiley Happy (only been in escrow for 30 days). Turns out it wasn't taxes, but $300 worth of back garbage. The garbage was added to the second half of the tax payment which isn't due till April.

 

So of course, as government works, I can't just pay off the garbage bill, I have to pay the entire tax bill for April early, which will give me an overpayment and I'll get the money back, less the garbage bill (I offered to pay it to move it along) when the taxes are payed in April. That, along with some signatures that were checked off but never actually received, and the loan should fund on Monday, and hopefully record the same day, but Tuesday at the latest! I'm going to have to pay for a few extra days in my rental, but at least the process is almost done!

 

New Samsung Refrigerator is due in on Monday, and will be installed, can't wait! Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08 EX: 802 EQ: 780 TU: 804

Total Credit Lines: $133,700
Established Contributor
Posts: 508
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

[ Edited ]
so I take today off work and was set to fund and record today, but guess what..... of all times the escrow office's computers are down, so they couldn't complete the HUD-1.. so now I'm stuck waiting for tomorrow (hopefully) to get the keys... if it's not one thing, it's another... I'm starting to think God is playing with me and this isn't going to happen...
FICO 08 EX: 802 EQ: 780 TU: 804

Total Credit Lines: $133,700
Regular Contributor
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

This is EXACTLY how I felt when I closed on my home (not a foreclosure). It had been a long, arduous process, and I had jumped through every **** hoop they wanted me to, and it seemed like it was always something that was causing it to be delayed another day, over the weekend, etc.

 

All this frustration, and cultivation of patience will feel great once it's completed!


Starting Score (2015): EX: 748; EQ 737; TU 761
2014 Current Score: Discover FICO08 803 (1/15); EQ BE FICO 817 (1/15); PenFed FICO NextGen 799 (12/14)
Goal Score: All 775+ Available Credit: $100K+ Utilization: 10%
Gardening Since: Sept 2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.