Reply
Regular Contributor
jnkp2001
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎01-04-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - APPROVED!


YHWHUDAH wrote:

Congrats, I closed on my VA loan last year in Dec with USAA. Did you try them? You should be ok for Monday!


Actually, I think he already closed.  Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing your scores from USAA?

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Frequent Contributor
seigex
Posts: 425
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - APPROVED!


jnkp2001 wrote:

YHWHUDAH wrote:

Congrats, I closed on my VA loan last year in Dec with USAA. Did you try them? You should be ok for Monday!


Actually, I think he already closed.  Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing your scores from USAA?


I haven't closed yet, there's a termite report issue so I'm waiting for that to be cleared up so I can close :smileysad: Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.... I didn't go through USAA, but an agency called W.J. Bradley .. 

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Frequent Contributor
seigex
Posts: 425
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

[ Edited ]

seigex wrote:

jnkp2001 wrote:

YHWHUDAH wrote:

Congrats, I closed on my VA loan last year in Dec with USAA. Did you try them? You should be ok for Monday!


Actually, I think he already closed.  Just out of curiosity, do you mind sharing your scores from USAA?


I haven't closed yet, there's a termite report issue so I'm waiting for that to be cleared up so I can close :smileysad: Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.... I didn't go through USAA, but an agency called W.J. Bradley .. 


OK, so, even though I was suppose to close yesterday or today, the seller is attempting to renege on his promises to fix any termite inspection issues, and is keeping me from getting my clear termite, which I THOUGHT I ALREADY HAD. It's silly, there's a TINY section of the house where the Termite inspector couldn't check out because the dirt wasn't 12" from the floor joists, so he refused to inspect it. This is the ONLY issue, and he still refuses to take care of it. The seller, in the counter offer, promised to fix any termite issues that arise, but now is saying he won't and will just find another buyer. This whole situation is mind boggling, and if I lose this house I'm going to be angry.

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Regular Contributor
YHWHUDAH
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎10-03-2011
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - APPROVED!

Sure. As of today, I have not check my scores. However, when I got everything last scores Dec 2011 my scores were EQ 658 EX 652 TU 678. I plan to update my scores after tax time, my big credit limits are pretty max out, and I have to pay them down.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Regular Contributor
YHWHUDAH
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎10-03-2011
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

Sorry for the bad news; however, the termite report is cruical. I am sure he will come around, because it's not easy to sell a house in this climate.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Frequent Contributor
seigex
Posts: 425
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

[ Edited ]

Another delay, after finally getting the Termite inspection completed yesterday and sent to underwriting today, apparently my Loan Officer is now arguing with the bank over whether or not they will pay the tax lein on the property that exist since the bank took over the foreclosure. From what it sounds like, they are refusing to pay and want me to pay. I'm suppose to be out of my current house Saturday and now it looks like I will be extending my stay here and may be missing my Christmas vacation. Keep in mind the underwriters were ready to close and fund last week, until these issues came up! I will never purchase a freddie mac foreclosure again...

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Regular Contributor
DesertLife
Posts: 134
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!


seigex wrote:

Another delay, after finally getting the Termite inspection completed yesterday and sent to underwriting today, apparently my Loan Officer is now arguing with the bank over whether or not they will pay the tax lein on the property that exist since the bank took over the foreclosure. From what it sounds like, they are refusing to pay and want me to pay. I'm suppose to be out of my current house Saturday and now it looks like I will be extending my stay here and may be missing my Christmas vacation. Keep in mind the underwriters were ready to close and fund last week, until these issues came up! I will never purchase a freddie mac foreclosure again...


Good luck, I hope it pays off and you get the house! From all I've read purchasing foreclosures can be a pain. It sounded like it was all going so smooth too. Here's hoping the troubles pass soon and you get in there.


Starting Score: EX: 717; EQ 723; TU 732
2014 Current Score: PenFed FICO NextGen 781 (5/14); Discover FICO08 790 (10/14); EX 748 (4/14); EQ 737 (4/14); TU 761 (5/14)
Goal Score: All 775+
Available Credit: $100K+
Gardening Since: April 17 2014
Frequent Contributor
seigex
Posts: 425
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!


DesertLife wrote:

seigex wrote:

Another delay, after finally getting the Termite inspection completed yesterday and sent to underwriting today, apparently my Loan Officer is now arguing with the bank over whether or not they will pay the tax lein on the property that exist since the bank took over the foreclosure. From what it sounds like, they are refusing to pay and want me to pay. I'm suppose to be out of my current house Saturday and now it looks like I will be extending my stay here and may be missing my Christmas vacation. Keep in mind the underwriters were ready to close and fund last week, until these issues came up! I will never purchase a freddie mac foreclosure again...


Good luck, I hope it pays off and you get the house! From all I've read purchasing foreclosures can be a pain. It sounded like it was all going so smooth too. Here's hoping the troubles pass soon and you get in there.


Thanks! It's been a pain, but my Realtor is trying to convince me that I'm still early since I made the offer 6 weeks ago :smileyhappy: (only been in escrow for 30 days). Turns out it wasn't taxes, but $300 worth of back garbage. The garbage was added to the second half of the tax payment which isn't due till April.

 

So of course, as government works, I can't just pay off the garbage bill, I have to pay the entire tax bill for April early, which will give me an overpayment and I'll get the money back, less the garbage bill (I offered to pay it to move it along) when the taxes are payed in April. That, along with some signatures that were checked off but never actually received, and the loan should fund on Monday, and hopefully record the same day, but Tuesday at the latest! I'm going to have to pay for a few extra days in my rental, but at least the process is almost done!

 

New Samsung Refrigerator is due in on Monday, and will be installed, can't wait! :smileyvery-happy:

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Frequent Contributor
seigex
Posts: 425
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

[ Edited ]
so I take today off work and was set to fund and record today, but guess what..... of all times the escrow office's computers are down, so they couldn't complete the HUD-1.. so now I'm stuck waiting for tomorrow (hopefully) to get the keys... if it's not one thing, it's another... I'm starting to think God is playing with me and this isn't going to happen...
Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Regular Contributor
DesertLife
Posts: 134
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Re: Update: Going for it! VA Loan - Houston we have a problem!

This is EXACTLY how I felt when I closed on my home (not a foreclosure). It had been a long, arduous process, and I had jumped through every **** hoop they wanted me to, and it seemed like it was always something that was causing it to be delayed another day, over the weekend, etc.

 

All this frustration, and cultivation of patience will feel great once it's completed!


Starting Score: EX: 717; EQ 723; TU 732
2014 Current Score: PenFed FICO NextGen 781 (5/14); Discover FICO08 790 (10/14); EX 748 (4/14); EQ 737 (4/14); TU 761 (5/14)
Goal Score: All 775+
Available Credit: $100K+
Gardening Since: April 17 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}