cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update-Just put in an offer (Closed!!!)

tag
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Re: Update-Just put in an offer (Loan Approved!!)

Per purchase contract 3/28....so still time, I'm just anxious!

Message 31 of 52
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Everything is going to work out!!
Message 32 of 52
JustJen
Regular Contributor

An update...still no clear to close Smiley Mad. Now the hold up is homeowner's insurance...the insurance agent has been processing the paperwork since yesterday. I feel like they're going super slow...how long could it possibly take to setup insurance? It's actually our current provider for renter's insurance, so they should have all of our information. But today I get an email earlier this afternoon requesting more personal info (i.e. SSN, DL #, etc.) that they should already have on file with my existing policy.

I'll take a little blame for the hold up because we didn't commit to them as our insurance provider until I got a final approval from LO after I sent in the requested documents for the conditions (we're doing a bundle package so auto insurance will be switching and didn't want to change until I was for sure we were approved for the home loan). But the quotes were already generated so it wasn't completely starting from scratch...so I'm just a little annoyed!!

I think at this point I'm not nervous so much about whether or not we'll close in time, just annoyed with the insurance for taking their sweet old time. I think they see the tenative closing date and think oh it doesn't need to be done today, even though it's about a week away now! And I think the reason why we haven't received the official loan committment letter is because they won't issue it without the proof of insurance.

But still moving ahead...per realtor we selected our home warranty and have setup to have utilities transferred, so that's all done. 

We're not scheduled to be out of our current place for a few more months, so we're not in a rush to move. We want to get some stuff done in the new place (i.e. appliances, customizing master closet, get mounts in place for tvs, security alarm, change the locks, and some other minor things to make the house more functional for us). But after we sign on the dotted line for the house and get keys Smiley Wink...we're gonna talk to our leasing office because even with 60 day notice from anytime next week we still have about 30-45 days left on our lease, so we'll see if it's even possible to get out of it in a max of 60 days without paying the early termination fee. 

Message 33 of 52
BaileyMae
New Contributor

Huh. I wouldn't think insurance would be a hold up. Good to know. That would be awesome if they let you out your lease!
Lender Pulled Scores(2/2014)

EQ: 750 (same a myFICO) EX: 707 TU: 728
Message 34 of 52
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

When did you start the insurance process? When was your loan commitment date?
Message 35 of 52
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Yea it's pretty common apparently. I think this was the one area where communication could have been better between mortgage company and myself. I asked awhile ago when to get insurance and he did say the sooner the better. Typically you know when you sign up for insurance you end up paying like a first month's installment plus some setup fees or whatever, so I didn't want to shell out money without having a loan approval. As a first-time home buyer I just assumed you signed up like normal and provided proof of insurance; if that was the case I think I could have paid out of pocket yesterday online and it would have been done...but instead the mortgage company wanted the insurance to be paid at closing (in full) in escrow, so that required some communication between mortgage company and insurance agent.

I read my contract pretty closely, and it seemed like you could pay month-to-month or all at once so I don't know what the misunderstanding is/was.

Good news though...I heard back from insurance agent and they have sent over insurance info to LO so hopefully, just maybe, I'll hear today if we're clear to close!

Message 36 of 52
JustJen
Regular Contributor

@Mrs_hambright wrote:
When did you start the insurance process? When was your loan commitment date?

I've been gathering quotes for a couple weeks now, and once I heard back on Monday that we had loan approval I let the insurance agent know that I wanted to go ahead and finalize the policy.

I haven't been given the official loan commitment letter/date; they won't issue it without the evidence of insurance. When he let me know on Monday everything was approved (this is after I submitted stuff for conditions last week), I was provided with an updated GFE.

Message 37 of 52
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Ok great!! Everything will work out perfectly fine!! Fingers crossed Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 52
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Update....we got the clear to close this morning!! We're set to close a couple days earlier than scheduled...instead of the end of the week we are closing Wednesday morning. We're doing the final walk through Wednesday morning as well.

I was told after funds have been received and recorded (which could take several hours), we would then have access to the house. As soon as it's official (papers signed) we'll talk to our leasing office to see if we can't get out of our lease free and clear in 60 days. With 60 days notice we still would have about another 30-45 days left on our lease, so if we could that would be great. Or even if after 60 days they go ahead and just let us pay for that last month and move out without paying the early termination fee we'd take that too!

Can I breathe easy now? Lol I keep thinking well there's 2 days until Wednesday...anything can happen. 

Message 39 of 52
J_G
Regular Contributor

Re: Update-Just put in an offer (Clear to Close!!!)

Hey cOuld you possibly send me your interest and APR. Mine is 4.87 apr 6.6. And it seems high and in you updated gfe was it better or worse thanks for your help you could pm me if you want. My middle score is 655 and I'm going FHA
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.