Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on File in Underwriting

tag
SCTeach28
Valued Member

Update on File in Underwriting

MY LO called me today and told me I was approved with conditions.  I have to supply my bank statement from this month that shows my earnest check cleared. I also have to have a letter from my student loan lender to confirm my deferment date.  They said if a letter can not be supplied, I can conduct a three-way call with my student loan lender and the underwriter and/or LO so that someone can verify my deferement date.  This would have been done, but I just changed programs and have to get my expected graduation date updated. 

My LO said that she ordered the appraiser today and that it should be done by the middle of next week if not sooner.  My anticipated closing date is June 11, 2010.  I would not mind closing earlier if possible, but I'm a teacher and would like to be out of school when I close so I can focus all of my time on setting up and decorating my new house.  (if things work out)

Please send good luck my way!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on File in Underwriting

I wish you lots of luck. 

I would fulfill the conditions as soon as possible, and make sure you keep a copy of all transactions, as LO's and underwriters have a tendency to "lose" these transactions (e.g., bank statements, proofs of whatever).  I had to prove, 3 times, (including once at Closing!) that my tax lien was satisfied!  I would make sure (in a friendly manner, of course) that the LO indicates that he/she has received any files you sent him/her. 

I would also check in with your LO frequently about the status of your file, and your appraisal in particular.  I would make my presence known (in a friendly manner, of course!)

Again:  excellent luck!

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.