Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on mortgage

tag
NolandFamily
Established Member

Update on mortgage

Well some of you may remember my issue that came up a few weeks ago with an old (large) deleted collection that reappared. Midland Credit is well - a company with a bunch of RUDE MORONS - Thankfully, the attorney that was referred the account is in my state and We were able to negotiate a settlement from almost $2400 to 1200 cash if paid within 3 days. Needless to say, I ran it by my lender and was told to either get on a payment plan or settle if possible. We decided to suck it up and pay the settlement so that it wouldn't come back. 

Yesterday we FINALLY had all proof of paid collection letters, financial paperwork, our contract, and credit report submitted and WE are APPROVED!!!!! Our lender got the approval with only one glitch (had to prove closing funds). 

I am BEYOND impressed with the lender we are using who has been successfully working with our credit issues and has been holding my hand through this process.

We are in south Alabama in a coastal community - a large county with a small town feel and definitely hometown service. ...and we are going to find out our close date on Monday! 

This forum has been invaluable to this process and thanks also to DallasLoanGuy for his advice also! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CelesteR
Regular Contributor

Re: Update on mortgage

So happy for you! This is my huge fear that something will pop up at the last minute.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.