Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update, staying in current house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, staying in current house

I had written a month ago about being late ona credit card and worrying how it would affect my loan process.  My score did go down from 640 to 615, 620.  My LO much harder to get to commit to apr and loan approval. She wanted me to put all my equity into paying off credit which wouls have eaten up alot of it and put our payment about 400 more than we would like.  We were willing to pay half (10,000) in cc debt and keep a conventional loan which after much pushing the LO said we did prequalify for since we were putting down 20%. I spent  a whole week trying to get an estimated payment and confirm rate from her.  As of 2 pm Thursday she was no longer available. I was so upset!  We had 6 showings and an offer last week.  We didn't take the offer, too low.  We still did not have a real loan, nor had my agent found us a house or seemed interested in doing so.  She said we were in no position to put an offer on a house. I shut it all down, pulled the sign, taking it off MLS Monday. My husband is mad at me.  What if we get another offer? What do we do?  Where will we go and who knows if another LO will even consider us? The credit card companies-3 of them- have raised the aprs to 29.99.  Citi and 2 ge money bank cards.  That was why  was late.  I didn't want drama buying another house, got it anyway.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Update, staying in current house

sounds like you need to sell your house first (assuming from your post that that is the case) and then if need be, rent for a short time while you fix your credit and gear up for another mortgage.  Save the money from the sale of the house for a downpayment.

Message Edited by granny031350 on 07-05-2009 11:48 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.