Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usda direct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usda direct

Hello all. This question is for anyone who has closed on a Usda direct loan. Do they re-verify your income before closing?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Usda direct

I am in the process of the USDA Direct loan in Louisiana, and I although I have not closed yet, I am in the final stages. I'm hoping to have a closing date this week or next at the latest. I have read through the handbook, and it states they will re-verify your income if it has been over 120 days since it was verified.

1. Re-verifying Employment and Income

The Loan Originator must obtain an oral verification of employment (VOE)

within 10 business days prior to the closing date. A written verification of employment,

also dated within 10 business days prior to settlement, may be accepted in lieu of an oral

VOE. Documentation to re-verify the applicant’s income must be updated before loan

closing if: (1) the closing will occur more than 120 days after the date on the

employment verification documents; (2) there is evidence to indicate a change in

financial status; or (3) the applicant’s employment status had changed within 4 months prior to

submission of the application. All re-verification activity should be documented carefully.

If the income re-verification indicates a significant change in income, the Loan

Originator should take the following steps:

 Verify that the applicant is still income-eligible. A program loan cannot be granted if

the applicant’s adjusted income exceeds the moderate-income level at closing.

Regardless of whether the applicant’s income decreases or increases to change their

status from very-low or low income, no changes are needed on the loan obligation.

(There are no income restrictions for non-program applicants.)

 Determine whether the applicant is eligible for payment subsidy. Payment subsidy

may be granted if the applicant’s adjusted income is at or below the applicable

moderate-income limit.

 Consider whether the applicant could obtain 100 percent private financing and refer

the applicant to a private lender, if appropriate.

 Confirm that the applicant has adequate repayment ability.

Here it the link to the handbook:

https://www.rd.usda.gov/files/3550-1chapter08.pdf

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they will. At least the lady I am working with in WA
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a house built with the a usda direct loan so process took a little longer but I had to turn 2 months bank statments and month check stubs in again at end and if credit report is older than it's either 90 or 120 days they'll pull again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.