Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usda income limit question

tag
Tf052987
New Visitor

Usda income limit question

I am looking at a usda mortgage for an eligible property is South Carolina.

credit is Low/mid 700s, no negativity at all

my question is regarding the income limit. I see they are to consider all household income, even if not on the loan.

my fiance does currently work, but will be getting a different job once we move. Do I still have to include her income even if her plans are to leave.

also the mod income on the usda site shows 74750. Is this the max income you can have or is it 115% of that. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: Usda income limit question

I was in the same boat when I applied for USDA in SC.  I didn't have to include my fiance's income at the time of the loan since we weren't married at the time.  When you get married and if her income sets you guys out of the loan limit they can tell you to refi.  I asked my lender the same thing and got married this August.  When we file taxes, I will have to look into refinancing options as our joint income is beyond the limits set.  This was told to me by my lender.

Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Usda income limit question

Technically if she is over 18 and lives in the home her income is supposed to be used

now if she were to move in after you bought it they wouldnt know

I have never heard of a uaranteed loan being called (asked to refi out) maybe direct?

Good Luck

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.