Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usda loans and spouse debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usda loans and spouse debt

My husband is applying for the usda direct loan. He has no debt in his name. No car payments, students loans, etc. I have all of the above and I do not work. I am not going on the loan with him. They won't count my debts for him correct? I mean they would have to run my credit to see my debts. But I wasn't sure if they would ask him if we have any car payments or anything like that? Bc obviously I don't pay the car payment, I have no income. But it's technically not his debt since it's in my name. Any help is appreciated!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Usda loans and spouse debt

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband is applying for the usda direct loan. He has no debt in his name. No car payments, students loans, etc. I have all of the above and I do not work. I am not going on the loan with him. They won't count my debts for him correct? I mean they would have to run my credit to see my debts. But I wasn't sure if they would ask him if we have any car payments or anything like that? Bc obviously I don't pay the car payment, I have no income. But it's technically not his debt since it's in my name. Any help is appreciated!

Hi Jade,

It depends. If you're in a community property state, your debts will be counted. If you are not then they won't.

Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what that is, but I live in Florida 🤷‍♀️
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

you are not in a community property state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_property

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good! Haha thanks!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.