Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Cash to pay utilities in order to save income towards closing

tag
shorttough
New Contributor

Using Cash to pay utilities in order to save income towards closing

Hi,

I have about 2200 cash which is borrowed, and the closing will happen 3 months from now. Instead of using, our income to pay utility , cable and cell phone bills, i was thinking of using the cash to pay down the bills, and use the income source as a means for saving. I can't deposit the cash in to my account because it'll trigger an inquiry from the underwriter. So, do you guys think its a  good idea to use the cash towards bills and save up the income?

Thanks,

As Of 11/11/2016

TU-793
EQ-801
EX-754
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
phone

Re: Using Cash to pay utilities in order to save income towards closing

From experience I can say pay only the untracable bills with cash. Be very careful how much you pay on any bills that report to the CB's with cash. I was trying to increase my score and paid some reportable bills with cash I had, well the UW caught when they did the final pull and I had some serious letter writting. So agian, pay only bills that they can not track. Good luck to you on this long nerve racking journey. I close this Thursday at 11 AM. Counting the hours....

Message 2 of 4
shorttough
New Contributor

thanks,

as far as i know, Cable, Cell Phone, and Car insurance don't report to credit bureus. So i'm thinking that'd be safe bet. And i'm also using cash to live on groceries and daily expenditure. But seems like i'd have to swipe some of my debit cards to show that expenses are there.

As Of 11/11/2016

TU-793
EQ-801
EX-754
Message 3 of 4
greekjim
Contributor

Thats what I did. Things like cell phone bill and auto insurance I just went there and paid them in cash, I just found it easier that way

EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.