cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the lenders that myfico.com refers??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the lenders that myfico.com refers??????

So I'm looking to buy a house and just went to my local credit union where I keep my money and the only mortgage loans they offer are ARM so I said no to that. So I went to check my credit score on myfico and I saw the option to have a lender contact you and get a loan. So I clicked yes and filled out the deal. A few minutes later I get a call from a guy from a bank in california (im in Washington State) asking about my inquiry. He asks me all these questions. How much down: aboout 110,000 to 120,000.  Credit Score: 715ish  Price Range of Home :250,000ish yadda yadda. He then is going to email me a good faith estimate. This all seems to easy.

He said once I'm a little more serious he can have his lenders run my credit and what not and get me prequalified.

has anyone else used one of the myfico.com refereed lenders to get a mortgage loan from?? I asked if he was a broker and he said no he was a bank. So i'm guessing there is no broker free???

Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using the lenders that myfico.com refers??????

personally, i would use a local lender.  that way they are more familiar with the area that you intend to buy a home in.  but perhaps that's just me. 
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Using the lenders that myfico.com refers??????

Those 'referred lenders' are likely just some marketing company who sells your info to loan officers who work off internet leads.

I doubt that MyFICO has personally checked each one out!!!!

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.