Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V A Loans

tag
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

V A Loans

Has anyone dealt with Veterans United or VA loans or some company like that?  Good, bad or in between.  I know my mileage will vary, but a general consensus shows a good starting point.  Thanks!

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lillygooch4
Established Member

Re: V A Loans

We had them run our credit in end of September to see what they said. They pre qualified us and was very pleasant and returned our emails and calls fast but beware because we also had a local lender pull to compare and we found out we had more work to do then just go find a house. We had disputes to remove and some updating that if we went with veteran's united would have caused use to just get denied in UW. So if you know you report and credit is in great shape go for it. We are just glad we didn't feed into it to far and find a home then get our feelings crushed in a UW. We are now trying with a VA loan with a home builder so I wish you the best of luck cause as we all know until we get those keys in hand nothing is guaranteed!
Message 2 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ive heard good things about usaa home loans... are you a USAA member?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 7
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Ive heard good things about usaa home loans... are you a USAA member?

Yes, we are USAA members, but they wanted 50.00 to pull our credit and veterans united did it for freeSmiley TongueSmiley Happy.  We have looked at our report and we don't see anything that would deny us, but like everyone says, you never know.......Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 7
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

well, we are now prequalified.  My concern is, i thought they gave a **bleep**

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Pardon the bleeps.......forums on overload and bleeping out everything.

Message 6 of 7
MissKay
Contributor

I just closed with veterans united on 10/26 (see my detailed posts). I'm surprised at pp because when they first ran my credit, they told me I had work to do and put me in theirfree credit repair program. My LO missed a few things that could have made the process more smooth, but all in all, I was very satisfied. They worked hard for me and are still advising me of what to do/not do. I also get $250 for using their realtor. 

GL

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.