Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA COE - Gurus please help!!

tag
tim1017
Regular Contributor

VA COE - Gurus please help!!

Short version:  House is in escrow and lender requested my COE from VA who responded that I already have one issued.  I'VE NEVER USED VA in the past!!

Question:  Doesn't a COE get issued for a specific property?  Currently on hold with VA (surprise surprise surprise) to get some answers but I'm wondering what other means I have to follow up and whether a COE COULD have been issued as we shopped around for rates without my knowledge.

HELP!

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: VA COE - Gurus please help!!

I got my COE 9 months before i went house shopping. It`s not just for a specific house it just states that your eligible for a VA loan

Message 2 of 5
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 5
tim1017
Regular Contributor

My problem is that there is one issued to me out there that I never got.  I'm guessing that one of lenders requested it on my behalf (WITHOUT MY CONSENT) in hopes I'd deal with them.  Now the VA is not going to "re-issue" another.  

Anyone know what are the legal ramifications for that are?  No way it can be legal. 

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 4 of 5
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

I would think you gave them consent. They need personal info along with a copy of your DD214 to get a copy of it. Did you go for prequal?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.