Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA HOME LOAN DECLINED WITH 713

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA HOME LOAN DECLINED WITH 713

Thank you for the reponse also! I did call my bank again, and they kept saying those need to be paid before closing... my mind thinks closing is 7 months away so i need to pay it all by then.... then he says he needs 25K cash and proof of that cash before he is willing to pre qualify... I asked can i ask for a reduced payoff of the outstanding dept and be cleared, he said no.. i need to pay the whole 12k!! ...... 713 credit average and i cant qualify for a home loan...! lol 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this case, score isn't everything. Look at it from the banks perspective, remembering that it's always a great idea to pay off old debt before you acquire new debt. 

First, the risk to the bank (lien) as mentioned above.

Then, and most banks hate this, you just burned a creditor... Recently... And now here you are asking for a new loan. I mean, and please don't think this judgemental, it just isn't gonna work until you find a way to clear up that other mess first. Good intentions are fine, but how will a bank accept your word when they have proof that you are not paying your debts now?

You need a good credit score AND the funds to close a deal. A hard money lender may overlook it, but even then, you'd need a lot more money than you apparently have to close.

Work on getting some solution to this debt problem; it's the only way for now. And as mentioned earlier, I can't imagine either a creditor just forgetting about this. In fact, you talk about not poking the bees, but there are mechanisms in place that alert creditors when things like mortgage applications happen. Just doing that can trigger a collection action.  Clear it up, you'll feel better.

Message 12 of 16
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

ALWAYS get your credit and collectons taken care of BEFORE you go house hunting.  It is much harder on you if you go to a builder, pick out your dream plan and lot only to be told you were "denied".  But at least now you know exactly what you must do to get that debt taken care of.  I advise you to give yourself a time-line of 6-7 months to pay it off or even if you can pay it down 50%, a bank may be more willing to pre-approve you and you can start your build and pay off that other $6k during build time.  And don't forget you will have to have $$ for closing costs if the builder doesn't pay them (it varies from builder to builder).  It will be a struggle for a year, but when you get those keys handed over at closing, you will breathe a sigh of relief and it will all be worth it suddenly.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, go with a local mortgage company that finds their own loans 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, all this stress and today i have a pre approval with USAA, in the end i paid off half the car loan that the insurance didnt cover, called USAA back and said hey i paid this 1/2 off and more in the future, re ran it all with the under writer and a pre approval landed today!! thank you for all your help!! i cant believe that part is over!! the last think they said was go find your new home!!! and Im ready!! thank you all for all the help!!!!!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a family member in the military, I would say try Navy Federal Credit Union. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.