Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Income Requirements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA Income Requirements

I am looking to get a VA loan and took a new job 8 months ago.  I have paystubs and an offer letter that details my income.  My wife just took a part time job at our church, starts this month, her first job in 15 years.  She has a letter of employment that states her income but no check yet.  She will have several paystubs when it comes time to close on the loan.  Will both of our income be used to determine dti?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA Income Requirements

Bump!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with ya. I would like to know any requirements for getting a VA loan.
Can anyone help us?
Message 3 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

8 month job in the same line of work?

what did spouse do 15yrs ago?
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife was a travel agent 15 years ago and she now works for our church.  She has been activley participating in the ministry that she is paid for now as a volunteer for many years.

I have been in mid level managment for years.  Different industries but the same type of position.
Message 5 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

you should be fine....
her? that is iffy. if we had 6 month history i would go to bat for her and try and get it included on exception. and i would feel pretty good about getting that exception too..... especially if we have an otherwise solid file.
less than 6 months, no.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

With just me we are at about 39% dti.  With her it would give us more breathing room.  Hopefully we can get it included.
Message 7 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

izoid wrote:
With just me we are at about 39% dti.  With her it would give us more breathing room.  Hopefully we can get it included.

is that the housing ratio? or the total expense ratio?
Retired Lender
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is total expenses, bills plus PITI.
Message 9 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

39% should be fine
go ahead and apply.... worst case you will just have to wait for her employ to hit 6 months

it is a strange guideline on the two yr emplyment history, but they DO ALLOW for folks re-entering the workforce.

Retired Lender
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.