cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Journey

tag
Marylen

VA Journey

Today my husband and I start our VA journey. I am a little nervous.  Our LO seems to think everything should go smooth but I don't believe that for a second.  We went under contract yesterday.  I paid off a judgement last week and our rzr so our DTI is 34%.  I have a letter stating that the judgement is paid in full but I am trying to get the company to send the courts a satisfied letter.  I was hoping it would happen before  we were ready to start the loan process.  The issue I am worried about is I had a mobile home with my exhusband.  He left it and filed for bankruptcy so I got left with the debt.  My LO said he doesn't think it is a problem and if my divorce decree says he is responsible than we would be ok for sure.  I looked last night at the decree and it says we owe the debt equally.  I am crossing my fingers that we should be ready to close before Christmas.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RJA
Regular Contributor

Re: VA Journey

Congratulations on starting your home buying process.  Hopefully it will go smooth for you.  Keep updating.

Message 2 of 3
Marylen

Re: VA Journey

Thank you.  I think we have already hit our first hiccup.  My LO asked me if I could provids proof of the source of where the cash deposit s that I put in my savings account and checking account.  The money in the savings account is from husbands overtime money.  He cashes his paycheck at the bank where we have our checking account, deposits $400 for our gas and groceries for the week, then puts the remaining money at the credit union in our account.  I don't know how I can prove that source.  Our LO said he might not include that on our application but that is where my closing money is.  We have money in an annuity that is more than our savings account so I don't know if that is a huge issue.  The checking account might be.  I pay my mothers bill twice a month out of  my checking account because she does  not have a checking account.  She puts cash in my bank account to cover her b lls.  My brother in law owes me money so he has been putting cash in my checking account at least 3 or 4 times a month.  They questioning that too. Does anyone have any idea if this will be a problem?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.