Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA LOAN UNDERWRITER

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA LOAN UNDERWRITER

So I got prequalified for a loan and right before I got pre approved I got a new credit card $1000 limit.  I got preapproved after I got prequal.  The thing is this... they checked my credit before they prequalified me.  They then said hey you meet the credit score requirements you are pre qualifed.  At that point I sent over all the stuff W2 TAX STUFF PAY STUBS the whole shabang.  We got pre approved found a house and are under contract.  We were recently asked to send over explanation letters and updated pay stubs and about 6 or 7 other things.  My question is will the new credit card hurt my chances of getting approve.  It has $1000 limit but I havent used it.  I got it because I thought it would help my score with higher available credit

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: VA LOAN UNDERWRITER

It shouldn't impact your chances since you aren't using the account.  They'll want to know the account details though, so be prepared to provide them with a monthly statement or if you haven't received one yet then provide them with the creditor's name, phone number, and the full account number so the credit vendor (who they used to check your credit with) can verify the current balance & payment on it.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.