Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Loan Approval Help

tag
RustyRico
Established Member

VA Loan Approval Help

I qualify for a VA loan and I have a min score in the 640's I make 85k yearly with less than 5% debt to income ratio. However I don't have 12 months clean credit history. Meaning I paid off old collection accounts five to six months ago. I am current on all open accounts (six months). I was pre-approved in November for 250k to find out I was disapprove during underwriting. I was told its because the collection accounts were paid only a few months ago. I have tried and have been successful of to get many of the paid collections items removed, however im not successful with them all. Another issue I'm having is 12month of payment history. When I decided to repair my credit to purchase a home, I moved in with family. So the only bill I have paid for 12 months straight is my cell phone. So based on my circumstances can anyone advise me on what is needed to get approved for a VA loan or do you know a lender that will be able to assist I was disapproved by Veterans United
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: VA Loan Approval Help

unfortunately, if the lender recorded their reasons for the denial when they reported the denial to va.... you are out of luck.

you will have to have some material change for a new underwriter to over rule the old one.

maybe waiting 6 months for the trades to age will help.

you can try. they may not report right away.

this is the rule. but things fall thru the cracks.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.