Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Loan Low FICO... what lender?

tag
xdfanatic
Established Member

VA Loan Low FICO... what lender?

Hello everyone! I was hoping someone might have a recomendation for a lender that does VA Loans with low scores.  My lender pulled scores are 662, 665, 636 and my wifes are 632, 628, 617.  I know we need to figure a way to get the scores higher but we aren't able to do that, anyone know of a lender? Should I not bother with applying until the scores are higher? All bad stuff will be off of both of our reports by November 2014 but we do not want to wait that long.  Thanks for all of your help.  If you have to PM any responses I would appreciate them as well.

Xd

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
vlaw1084
Contributor

Re: VA Loan Low FICO... what lender?

Hello,

I don't know what state you are in, but try PRIME LENDING.  They should be able to work with those scores, and they might do a re-pull before you close which could smooth things out at 640.  They will take the lowest middle score and your wife is just shy 8 points.

J

Message 2 of 3
xdfanatic
Established Member

Re: VA Loan Low FICO... what lender?

Thank you vlaw, I am in Texas.  Anyone else have any suggestions with the scores listed? Everything else is qualifying such as DTI and price of home depending on tax question.  The tax question I have is since I am tax exempt in Texas, because I am a disabled veteran, are the taxes considered when looking at how much home is affordable even though I will not pay taxes?  I am just trying to get a clear picture before we get to far into things.

Thanks,

Xd

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.