Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Loan for a first time home buying Service-connected disabled Vet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA Loan for a first time home buying Service-connected disabled Vet

Hello All, and may I begin with thank you for your acknolegdment from the get go.

I am currently seeking to utilize a VA home loan and have questions as to income and my unique situation.

Lets start with what we know:

First Time home buyer

Certificate of Eligability

Service connected diability - no fee on VA loan

$20k if needed for closing costs / ect.

Mid Credit Score -649 (Mortgage score according to 3B Report) and counting since I just began to work on this

2014 taxes show $40,635 (W2) + $17,029 disability compensation for a total income of = $57,664

2015 taxes show $11,330 (W2) + $67,750 (1099) (-expenses and not sure about depressiation and amortization) +$17,029 diability compensation = $96,109

2016 look like is on track to be $20k higher than 2015...

The confusion I currently have is that the majority of my income was 1099 last year (2015) and will be the same this year (2016) but I still work in the same field of construction management and sales (commercial industrial roofing). I have talked to a few mortgage companies that discussed my situation with and they have expressed that my 1099 history cannot be considered until they reach 2 years of history with the same 1099 reporter.

Can my income for 2015 be averaged with my W2 income of 2014?

Do I in fact have to have 2 years of 1099 income with the same reporter? 

They all ask to run my credit to see what can be done but at the same time say I cannot qualify without 2 years of 1099 history.

I would like to begin to start consulting for multiple companies which a few would be new 1009's without history and thus not be counted?... Should I stay with the same company to complete the VA process? Is this true with anyones knowlegde or experiance?

Any Sugesstions?

Again, Thank you for your contribution and experiance.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.