Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Loan second home question

tag
travisr0
Contributor

VA Loan second home question

Hello, My question is in relation to obtaining a second home under my VA certificate. I cannot seem to get a clear definitive answer on this. Like most vets I think the cap is around 400K. I bought my first home years back after returning from overseas and I knew I would end up moving to employment. So my first home was about 170K. My question is: Am I able to take out a second mortgage under my same VA loan? Meaning so I still have the 240K'sh I could use to purchase another home.

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA Loan second home question

Do you still have a VA loan on the first house?

Message 2 of 5
travisr0
Contributor

Yes I do. Just wanted to get confirmation if I have to payoff the loan before I can use it again? or can you use the remaining VA loan portion for another home concurrently?

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use your remaining entitlement for a new VA loan, yes. Request a new COE from the VA and it will tell you the amount of your remaining entitlement (if you didn't use it all on your first home).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be a 2nd tier va loan. We are closing on ours in a week. It needs to be 144001 and over.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.