Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Loans and charge-offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA Loans and charge-offs

How can I tell on my report (purchased here at MyFico) which are charge-offs.......?  I had one or two a few years back.  But I can't remember for sure who it was with.   Everything I see on my report is showing closed except for the current CCs I have .

I am wondering the impact on a possible VA Loan........if a VA Loan is even possible. 

Also, can I roll two mortgages into one (conventional to VA)?  Does anyone know............?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: VA Loans and charge-offs

@Anonymous wrote:

How can I tell on my report (purchased here at MyFico) which are charge-offs.......?  I had one or two a few years back.  But I can't remember for sure who it was with.   Everything I see on my report is showing closed except for the current CCs I have .

I am wondering the impact on a possible VA Loan........if a VA Loan is even possible.  collections being paid are underwriter discretion. most dont ask for them to be paid especially when approved thru automated underwriting

Also, can I roll two mortgages into one (conventional to VA)?  Does anyone know............?  so you have 2 loans on one property? both were purchase money loans? those can be refinanced into va, yes

Thanks.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, new to this, how do I post a new question in this forum?
well I guess I just did...okay so my actual question is I applied for VA Loan but due to chargeoffs and low score, I don't qualify. I was advised to try to negotiate a settlement with the cl2 accounts charged off see if they will take less and remove from my credit in homes VA will accept. Is there a specific way to increase my chances when I talk to Collections agencies, maybe a verbage I should use besides, I'm sorry please take my money so I can buy the house my wife loves
Message 3 of 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
sorry, new to this, how do I post a new question in this forum?
well I guess I just did...okay so my actual question is I applied for VA Loan but due to chargeoffs and low score, I don't qualify. I was advised to try to negotiate a settlement with the cl2 accounts charged off see if they will take less and remove from my credit in homes VA will accept. Is there a specific way to increase my chances when I talk to Collections agencies, maybe a verbage I should use besides, I'm sorry please take my money so I can buy the house my wife loves

Hi Dakico,

If you are dealing with the original creditor on the charge offs you really just need them to settle the account & update it to show paid. In most cases the original creditor is happy to get something on a charge off so it's really not difficult. If you're dealing with collections and trying to get them deleted that's a totally different story. Instead of trying to settle the collections you want to give the collection agency  an incentive to delete the account by offering them the full amount.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow thanks...hmmm...well let me ask you this, if original creditor ( santander) sold to Deville Asset Mgmt which shows on credit report has sold it to P&B, can I still try to contact Santander, or do I ask Seville to help me? When I called Deville they said they assigned to P&B but if they wouldn't answer they Deville could help me get better deal. P&B said they could possible delete or change it and have it Santander show charge off as paid...upon a settlement being reached. Just want to make sure whatever I do yields best possible results
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.