Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Mortgage Referrals?

tag
bartoe
New Contributor

VA Mortgage Referrals?

My husband wants to start get the ball rolling.  A lot of our local credit unions here do not do VA loans and one company (Quicken) that we iniitally went with the girl was so new she didn't know how to talk to him about DTI etc so they are out (even though we live in MI) and my husband doesn't want a BoA loan either because of how they handled the sale of his prior home years ago.

Any suggestions on who to use for a VA loan?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: VA Mortgage Referrals?

Are you a member of NFCU or USAA? I'd start there.You don't need a branch near you to get a mortgage through them. You probably won't have much luck until you reach the 2 years post discharge mark though.

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

ask friends/family/coworkers who they used for a loan.

realtors know the good loan officers and the bad ones

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
bartoe
New Contributor

@mynameainttracy wrote:

Are you a member of NFCU or USAA? I'd start there.You don't need a branch near you to get a mortgage through them. You probably won't have much luck until you reach the 2 years post discharge mark though.

Thanks!  But hubby wants it in his name not mine AND Per the VA Pamphelt 26-7 Chapter 4 on Credit History it does state that if there has been a BK that has been discharge there are two guidelines that need to be met and I've met them Smiley Happy so that's a positive that we can bring up!

I'll have him check USAA as we have our checking/savings there!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.