Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Pre-Approval advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA Pre-Approval advice

I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good VA lender. I live in Ohio. You can private message me if need be.

I think I need to get my mid-score over 600 to qualify for automated approval. Should I wait or is there a good chance if you go to manual underwriting?

I paid off my credit card so I am hoping for a point jump, but I am estimating they will be in the 580's or 590's. I have one score over 600, but I know that doesn't matter.

My gross income is $52000/ year or $4340/month and I have monthly student loans totalling $135. We are interested in a house in the $130,000 range. My employment history should be fine. My bills have been current for 12 months with the exception of one student loan that came out of forbearance and I didn't realize it before it was 30 days late.

With this loan, could I pay the next 7 months payments and do a rapid rescore? Student loan company says yes, but I didn't know if that would fly for the loan. Would a letter of explanation help? Would this late kick me out of automated approval regardless of score?

Ok, my thread is too long...sorry.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA Pre-Approval advice

bump
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.