Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA_Veteran needing help with COE for loan

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

VA_Veteran needing help with COE for loan

Been getting a lot of questions from my LO for additional information regarding my approval for COE, just yesterday after supplying my DD214 for active duty my LO said they're asking for additional info.

From my LO:

The form we need is called D.A.R.P. form FM 249-2E or also called A.R.P.C. form 606-E
Those are Army Reserves forms and he would need to check with his personnel from the Army. They need to account for 6 years of service and each year has a certain number of points. If he was discharged before 2002 he can also go to archives.gov or call the national archives. If he was discharged in or after 2002 he could call 888-276-9472.

I was discharged Honorably from active duty after 1.75 years and spent 9 years in the Reserves after a 9 year break in service after active duty (I had family issues which resulted in completing less than 2 years of a 3 year service).  The VA loan requirements during the timeframe of serving for active duty (1982-1984) is 181 days of continuous service and that has been accomplished.  If they are asking for all this Reserve information does this mean they are trying to tell me I'd only qualify via Reserves?  The difference in Active to Reserves from what I've been told is the funding fee to VA from 2.15% to 4%.  Any VA loan experts can help on this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Re: VA_Veteran needing help with COE for loan

I'm not a VA loan expert, but I am a veteran. You can go to the eBenefits website and get a COE. They have been having issues generating some of the letters online but if so, you can call the 800 number and they will mail you out your COE.

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov  1-800-827-1000

Hope this helps! Good luck!

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 2 of 7
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Hi Gsully,

I've had 2 separate cases this year where VA said a client was not eligible because they did not meet the service requirements. In both cases, the VA was wrong & ended up issuing us the COE. You just need a lender that is more experienced with VA.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 7
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

.GAS.jpg

Received my COE and I'm now good to go, 1st time user so it shows $36,000

Message 4 of 7
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 5 of 7
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

@gsully00 wrote:

.GAS.jpg

Received my COE and I'm now good to go, 1st time user so it shows $36,000

Great! Glad you were able to get it taken care of! Smiley Happy

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome I got mine a few weeks ago. Congrats sir. Thank you for your service.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.