Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA eligibility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA eligibility

I currently have an FHA loan, but with the recent 2008 VA changes, I think the VA loan would be better (no FHA insurance). Do I qualify to refinance with a VA loan? I can't seem to find anyone (including my bank) that can answer the question. Everything online says "conventional" to "VA" or "ARM to VA."

Since mine is FHA, does that mean I don't qualify?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA eligibility

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: VA eligibility

You can refinance from FHA to VA, however it'll be under VA's normal refinance program, not the "IRRRL" (Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan) streamline loan program.  Normal VA qualifications will apply, and can go to 100% of your home's value to include closing costs if you wish.  More info on your situation (amount owed, value, credit score, income, monthly debt payments, to name a few) would be needed to determine if you would qualify though.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.