cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA loan. difference in mine and wifes scores. wait to app?

tag
redbullinf

VA loan. difference in mine and wifes scores. wait to app?

my wife and I will be applying for a VA loan (hopefully sooner than later).  my scores per myfico are 672, 667, and 675.  My wifes myfico are 798, 802 and 797.  She just purchased a Score Power from Equifax and she is at 752.  So Im afraid mine will be lower than on here too.

Obviously hers are very strong.  Mine so-so.  Should we wait and get mine up or are hers high enough to compensate for mine.

I know there is much "more than scores"......Im just curious how this large of gap in scores will hurt or help us.   Good income, $10k combined CC debt on almost 100K available, and AAoA 10 years.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: VA loan. difference in mine and wifes scores. wait to app?

FICO will adjust the rate, not by much on VA loans.

Right now rates are real good, you can wait but rates might go up higher in a few months.

The rate you get now with the low FICO might be better than trying to raise your FICO and wait a few months if rates rise.

What is the loan size?

Message 2 of 4
redbullinf

Never thought of that angle, thanks

$200k max. We live in Iowa so $150-200k gets a nice 1300-2000 sq ft relatively newer used home.
Message 3 of 4
edcampbell613
Contributor

@ 200,000 its about 15.00 per month difference per .125% in rate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.