Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA loan eligibility question

bump*
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy, You may try the VA website for your question. I have went there many times to answer questions. Not too much info on VA loans on this site. Not sure if any of the loan guys on this site deal with VA. My hubby is 20% disabled so I am curious about this question also...Good luck on getting an answer wish I could have been some help Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 22
treski
Frequent Contributor

No kidding that's a good question, Timothy.  I will be out in a year and will have partial disability.  It never even occurred to me until now.

I'll research too.  Tell us if you find out first!!

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think someone else already found this out (CobWeb) in another post earlier this year ...

Excerpeted from post:

1) My husband's disability rating is above 10%. I understand that this waives the funding fee. He is currently a civilian. If he were to re-enter Active Duty service, would the disability waiver still apply? Once given a disability rating, does it stay attached indefinitely - even if he is not receiving disability due to AD status?

How do we prove the disability rating? Is there a standard form that is used, or do we just pull out the orginal letter of eligibility?

What do you think? Maybe someone could PM her and find out where SHE found out?!

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 30% and it was waived.  Suggest checking out the FAQs on http://www.homeloans.va.gov/faqpreln.htm

it says the fee is waived if you receive VA compensation.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks-

I looked right past that when I was on that page the other day.

It appears this 0% disabled Vet will need to pay the funding fee.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, seriously, no insult intended to anyone, you can be "0% disabled"?!?!?  And that's different from "not disabled"?  I thought that was a typo.  Gotta love govenment beaurocracy.  Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

BobSki778 wrote:
So, seriously, no insult intended to anyone, you can be "0% disabled"?!?!?  And that's different from "not disabled"?  I thought that was a typo.  Gotta love govenment beaurocracy.  Smiley Happy
As usual, whenever someone prefaces themselves by saying no offendse to anyone or I am not trying to insult anyone, they do.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

BobSki778 wrote:

It means I was disabled on active duty- but not enough for the goverment to ante up to pay me. 

It does provide me with 10 points when apping for goverment jobs.  

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for explaining Timothy, and thanks for your active duty service to the country.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.