Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA loan journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA loan journey

I have been visiting the forums for a while and have found the info here so helpful. My husband and I have been married for two years and we started dreaming about owning our first home in march. We had our scores pulled and they were not where they needed to be (620) to qualify for a VA loan....my husband was in the marine corpse....so we began the journey towards credit repair. I started with TU/513 EQ/484 EXP/513. Many disputes later, my fico scores are TU/634 EQ/640. I am pretty sure my EXP will be my lower score because there are two collections still reporting there despite my efforts to have them removed (both are inaccurate). soooooo.........we have decided to revisit our LO and see where we stand. I am almost positive my TU will be my mid score but as I have learned here, the score at my fico.com is an older model and I know or LO uses 04. I am praying that my TU score is 620 or higher. Both TU and EQ reports are identical so hopefully things will work out. Anybody with VA loan experience wishing to offer advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TTR79
Established Member

Re: VA loan journey

Im in the VA process as well. I posted here a few weeks back but didnt really get any feedback from anyone. Only advice i can give as im barely going into UW, be strong bc it isnt an easy ride. I stay stressed out and sick to my stomach. I think that you will probably be ok with credit score. Good luck, wish i could offer more but i need advice and support myself lol.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA loan journey

Please keep me posted on your progress. Iunderstand the stress! I have been so crazy about my credit andproperty values in my area for the past six months. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.