Did you mean: 

VA loan process

tag
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Re: VA loan process

Congrats on closing, Mlearma!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 11 of 19
MissKay
Contributor

@ milearma can you please tell me what were your scores and if they gave you a minimum range? Thanks in advance and congrats

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
mlearma
New Contributor

My mid score was 691.  My husband's was higher...so they had to use mine.

They told me you needed a clean 12 months, no delinquent federal debt and at least a 620.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the referral! Congratulations on your new home! You must be thrilled...

Message 14 of 19
gul1
New Contributor

We closed on our first home in June and did a VA loan. Scores were between 650 and 700. We had a chapter 7 on our credit reports ( from 2008). We used Prime Lending and our loan officer was awesome! He even sent us a Home Depot gift card after we closed. It took less than a month to close, could have been faster but the house was a new construction and we were waiting on the final occupancy permits etc. Our loan officer knew what he was doing and the whole process was easy and painless. All we had to put down was $500 earnest money which we got back on the day we closed. We didn't pay anything out of pocket to close on our home but got a nice home depot gift card from our broker and real estate agent and a gift card to the local restaurant. Prime Lending sold our loan to Wells Fargo about 3 weeks after we closed and so far Wells Fargo has been great too. Our builder paid closing costs and HOA fee's for 1 year.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! We also went through hell with two other lenders before finding Veterans United. We are in the underwriting process right now. I am just really nervous and hope the process will continue to go on smoothly. Our expected date of closing is April 15th. But it can be way sooner than that. Our LO just wants to be on the safe side and give us some breathing room for anything that might pop up. So far, I am really impressed and happy with the service that this company has provided for us. They didn't ask for much paper work as I initially thought they would and our LO is very good at explaining things to us, answering questions, and getting back to us within the same day.

Message 16 of 19
LiLTide
Established Member

I have a COE. but where do I start with regard to a lender? Dont mind doing the research but I need a starting point...

Message 17 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

@LiLTide wrote:

I have a COE. but where do I start with regard to a lender? Dont mind doing the research but I need a starting point...

What state do you live in?  Will this purchase be for a home you are going to live in?  Do you have copies of all 3 credit reports?  Do you know what your credit scores are for EX,EQ and TU?

Message 18 of 19
LiLTide
Established Member

NC, will live in, dont have all 3 reports and dont know scores. I'm not ready to buy now because I WILL pay all Credit cards &Loans off BEFORE I approach the lender.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.