Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA or FHA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA or FHA?

Hello,
I have 2 questions ones is my score is in the 600-625 range and 2 years ago i file for BK, VA and FHA requires the 2 years in order for me to apply for a loan. Well one question is i understand VA is a better way for me to go when it comes to buying a house seens i am in active duty, but i am afraid they won't get me qualify because of my fico score, Which one will be the one that i might have a good change of getting approve with, VA or FHA? What interest may i qualify for? i am only looking for a small amount maybe the most 80K. Know the other question, do you guys have any idea on which lender might be a good one to go with with either one either the VA or the FHA? I really just want to get approve in one. I have had a clean report for the past 2 years no other collection no late payments and i got a  car loan on Nov. 2006 with i just finish paying these month, know i traded in my car i had and got another car loan with wachovia bank, i have 3 credit cards with very low credit limit which all 2 of them have a 0 balance and one has a 2500 balance my car payment is 450 a month and from there i dont have any more bills. I make a month like 3800 that will be after taxes before will be a little more. Well hopefully someone can help me and guide me to a right lender that might be willing to help me out.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA or FHA?

VA or FHA? Do you want to pay PMI every month? Do you plan have cash down? If you answer no to each of that, VA is the way to go. Besides, not everyone can even apply for the VA but if you can, than there's not a loan better to beat that.

Rates for VA and FHA are the same. Neither are credit based.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA or FHA?

I'd try to use the VA loan first. If you belong to one of the credit unions (navy fed, Marine Fed, etc try them first). There is no PMI. You need to go to your command to get your statement of eligibility and then the lender can get your actual certificate. It took literally two hours for my dh's to be processed, although they did say it'd take 2 days (which was the norm)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.